Primary School’s Sports Funding Click here for the Department of Education link to the Primary School’s Sports Funding page.
What is the Sports Premium?
The government is providing funding of £150 million per anum for the academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15 to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. Each school will receive £8,000 plus an extra £5 per pupil each year for the next two years. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs
At Princethorpe Junior School we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. In addition, it is considered that an innovative and varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all children. The governors agree that the money must be used so that all children benefit regardless of their sporting ability. We will continue to place a high priority on our PE provision and, as such, have invested in additional staffing/coaching and resources to further enhance the curriculum PE and extra – curricular sports during after schools clubs. Our Sports Funding allocation will enable us to continue and extend our provision through employing more sports professionals, entering into more competitive sports competitions and by training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
Sports Premium Plan 2019 - 2020
Sports premium Plan 2018 - 2019 Evaluation
Sports Premium 2018 - 2019